What is the Iron Builder Challenge?
A creative and fun Lego building competition held at every Southern Bricks Meet Up, in which one or more Lego pieces are specially chosen by the Southern Bricks Community Builders Group to be used in your own Lego creation (MOC).
Bring your build to our next Meet and the best Lego MOC chosen by public vote wins!
Each Iron Builder Challenge is completely open for public viewing on the day – as are our Meets! – and we encourage voters to choose the most interesting usage of the selected parts for each round. The Iron Builder piece given to Southern Bricks members varies between events, so make sure you don’t miss our regular Meet-ups to get your bricks and battle it out to be a Master Builder!
Our current Iron Builder Challenge can be entered by posting a photo of your MOC to the “May 2018 Iron Builder Challenge” album located on the Southern Bricks LUG Facebook page. Online submissions only will be accepted for this round, and the winner with most ‘Likes’ will be announced at our next Meet-up in May (which a date and location is still to be confirmed, so there’s plenty of time to join the competition and win a prize!)
Iron Builder for May is to build a TV or Movie themed MOC, no bigger than 32×32 studs in size. That’s it! No piece this month!
And that’s not all… the winning entry will take home a Big Bang Theory Lego Ideas set!!!
- Build a MOC out of LEGO that is no larger than a 32 x 32 baseplate in size, take a photograph and submit it to the Southern Bricks LUG Facebook group album “May 2018 Iron Builder Challenge” with the name or theme that your MOC is referencing.
- Creativity strongly encouraged! The Builds that win usually have the most interesting concepts presented in the best way possible.
- “Lego” includes Lego System, Technic, Duplo, Belville… as long as it was produced by the The Lego Group you can build with it! (Yes even boxes.)
- Limited overhang is available if your build includes features such as Minifigs or trees that may hang over slightly, but the entire footprint of your MOC must be 32 x 32 studs wide or smaller. If in doubt feel free to message a Southern Bricks Community Builder for clarification.
- Must be a TV or Movie theme.
Need inspiration? Check out our past Iron Builder Challenge Galleries for tons of ideas:
March 2018 – http://sblug.club/sblug-iron-builders-mar-2018/
February 2018 – http://sblug.club/sblug-iron-builders-feb-2018/
October 2017 – http://sblug.club/sblug-iron-builders-october-2017/
September 2017 – http://sblug.club/sblug-iron-builders-september-2017/
Now get started building, call out in our Facebook group if you get stuck and we’ll see you there!