What is the Iron Builder Challenge?
A creative and fun Lego building competition held at every Southern Bricks Meet Up, in which one or more Lego pieces are specially chosen by the Southern Bricks Community Builders Group to be used in your own Lego creation (MOC).
Bring your build to our next Meet and the best Lego MOC chosen by public vote wins!
Each Iron Builder Challenge is completely open for public viewing on the day – as are our Meets! – and we encourage voters to choose the most interesting usage of the selected parts for each round. The Iron Builder piece given to Southern Bricks members varies between events, so make sure you don’t miss our regular Meet-ups to get your bricks and battle it out to be a Master Builder!
Our current Iron Builder Challenge will be judged at our next meet March 11th (Location: Laygo – 1243 South Rd, St Marys), giving you plenty of time to join the competition and win some great prizes.
Iron Builder piece for March is the Slope 2 x 2 Double Concave Brick in White.
- Build a MOC out of LEGO that is no larger than a 16 x 16 baseplate in size, incorporating One to Four of the chosen Iron Builder pieces for a maximum number of Four.
- Creativity strongly encouraged! The Builds that win usually have the most interesting concepts presented in the best way possible.
- “Lego” includes Lego System, Technic, Duplo, Belville… as long as it was produced by the The Lego Group you can build with it! (Yes even boxes.)
- Your MOC can be as high vertically as you like as long as it is stable and is not a danger to other MOCs on the table.
- Limited overhang is available if your build includes features such as Minifigs or trees that may hang over slightly, but the entire footprint of your MOC must be 16 x 16 studs wide or smaller. If in doubt feel free to message a Southern Bricks Community Builder for clarification.
- Vote cards will be provided for every entry, please Mark a single tally on one (1) entry only per available Iron Builder Challenge brackets (Adult, Kids etc).
- Please leave both your name (or name and second initial) as well as the name of your Lego Creation, on the underside of the voting card/slips. This will assist with identifying the winner and also tagging who-built-what in our Iron Builder Galleries.
- Power functions and lighting encouraged.
- Prizes will be awarded based on the highest number of votes tallied by 3.00 pm on “Meet day”.
- Prizes are subject to availability.
- There will be both AFOL (Adult) and KFOL (Kids) prizes on the day depending on the number of entries availalble. TFOL bracket can be created depending on the number of valid entries by TFOL members (3+), but prizes may not be available.
- Please note: Prizes may vary in value between events.
If you missed out on the piece at our last meet, we may have some available on the day. Just let a Southern Bricks Community Builder Group member know that you want to join in the fun!
Need inspiration? Check out our past Iron Builder Challenge Galleries for tons of ideas!
Now get started building, call out in our Facebook group if you get stuck (be discreet as your MOC should be a surprise!) and we’ll see you there!