The next round of the Southern Bricks LUG Iron Builder Challenge is an Online only competition with entries closing July 15th, giving you plenty of time to join in the fun and win some prizes.
What is the Iron Builder Challenge?
A creative and fun Lego building competition held at every Southern Bricks Meet Up, in which one or more Lego pieces are specially chosen by the Southern Bricks Community Builders Group to be used in your own Lego creation (My Own Custom – MOC), or other similar rules.
Bring your build to our next Meet (or post it Online for this round) and the best Lego MOC chosen by public vote wins!
Iron Builder challenge for the next round is “Christmas in July!”
Voting is open from July 15th to July 31st ONLINE ONLY with the winner chosen by the most amount of likes. We are doing it a little differently to our last Online comp, so please E-mail all entries to Luke Saurus / email@example.com with the subject “SBLUG Iron Builder”
LDD / MLCAD / Stud.io Submissions accepted!
- Build a MOC out of LEGO that is no larger than a 16 x 16 stud plate in size, that features the theme ‘Christmas in July’.
- E-mail all entries to firstname.lastname@example.org by Midnight July 14th, no late submissions will be accepted once photos are uploaded to Facebook.
- Only One (1) photo per entry. Choose the best shot!
- “Lego” includes Lego System, Technic, Duplo, Belville… as long as it was produced by the The Lego Group you can build with it! (Yes even boxes.)
- Limited overhang is availble if your build includes features such as Minifigs or trees that may hang over slightly, but the entire footprint of your MOC must be 16 x 16 studs wide or smaller. If in doubt feel free to message a Southern Bricks Community Builder for clarification.
- Power functions and lighting encouraged.
- LDD, MLCAD and Stud.io Submissions / Renders accepted, please E-mail in a photographic format such as .jpg or similar.
- Creativity strongly encouraged! The Builds that win usually have the most interesting concepts presented in the best way possible.
- Prizes will be awarded based on the highest number of ‘likes’ tallied by 3.00 pm July 31st on Facebook.
- Entrants must be a member of the Southern Bricks LUG Facebook discussion group.
- All photos / LDD Renders will be uploaded to the Southern Bricks LUG Facebook Group discussion page on July 15th.
Need inspiration? Check out our past Iron Builder Challenge Galleries for tons of ideas:
March 2018 – http://sblug.club/sblug-iron-builders-mar-2018/
February 2018 – http://sblug.club/sblug-iron-builders-feb-2018/
October 2017 – http://sblug.club/sblug-iron-builders-october-2017/
September 2017 – http://sblug.club/sblug-iron-builders-september-2017/
Now get building, call out in our Facebook group if you get stuck (be discreet as your MOC should be a surprise!) and we’ll see you there!