Over the next couple of months, we’re putting our usual monthly Iron Builder challenge aside as we take on a community build!
Together, we’ll be piecing together a 96×96 LEGO mosaic but the trick is, we don’t know what it will be yet! The mosaic has been divided up into 6×6 sections, each with their own pattern. Each section is made up of a layer of plate on the bottom, with bricks on top which match the pattern.
People who were at the October meetup would have already received their pattern/s (yes, you can do more than one! There’s plenty for everyone) but if you missed out, join us at the Adelaide Mini Maker Faire on Sunday, 1 November to pick up a pattern. Then, come along December meetup where we’ll all bring our sections together to create the mosaic and reveal the secret picture!
Here are answers to some of the questions asked about the mosaic on the Facebook Group:
- It doesn’t matter what colour the 6×6 plate is. It is hidden when complete.
The colours being used in the mosaic are:
- Black – the darkest colour on the plans
- Dark Stone Grey (Dark Bley, Dark Grey) – purple/blue colour on plans
- Medium Stone Grey (Light Bley, Light Grey) – softest grey colour on plans
- Bright Red
- Bright Yellow
- Bright Orange
- Brick Yellow (Tan)
- Bright Blue
- Pastel Blue (Light Blue)
3. You can use any size bricks to achieve the end result, so long as the pattern and colours match the plans. You can build up your piece using flat plates if you wish, so long as it ends up looking like the plan.