The next round of the Southern Bricks LUG Iron Builder Challenge will be judged at our upcoming meet in February, giving you plenty of time to join in the fun and win some prizes.
What is the Iron Builder Challenge?
A creative and fun Lego building competition held at every Southern Bricks Meet Up, in which one or more Lego pieces or themes are specially chosen by the Southern Bricks Community Builders Group to be used in building your own Lego creation (MOC).
Bring your build to our next Meet – Up March 3rd @ the Hamra Centre in Hilton, place your build down on the Iron Build Table we’ll have setup and the best Lego MOC chosen by public vote wins!
Each Iron Builder Challenge is completely open for public viewing on the day – as are our Meets! – and we encourage voters to choose the most interesting usage of the selected parts for each round. The Iron Builder piece given to Southern Bricks members varies between events, so make sure you don’t miss our regular Meet-ups to get your bricks and battle it out to be a Master Builder!
Iron Builder Challenge for March is to build a MOC using a single Lego Train track piece – Straight or Curved – the twist being you can’t use the piece as a Railway Track, and limited in size to 16 x 16 studs wide.
- Build a MOC out of LEGO that is no larger than an 16 x 16 studs / plate in size, must contain one Lego Train Track piece, Straight or Curved and not used as Railway to be eligible for entry.
- “Lego” includes Lego System, Technic, Duplo, Belville… as long as it was produced by the The Lego Group you can build with it! (Yes even boxes.)
- Your MOC can be as high vertically us you like as long as it is stable and is not a danger to other MOCs on the table.
- Limited overhang is availble if your build includes features such as Minifigs or trees that may hang over slightly, but the entire footprint of your MOC must be 16 x 16 studs wide or smaller. If in doubt feel free to message a Southern Bricks Community Builder for clarification.
- Power functions and lighting encouraged.
- Creativity strongly encouraged! The Builds that win usually have the most interesting concepts presented in the best way possible.
- Prizes will be awarded based on the highest number of votes tallied by 3.00 pm on “Meet day”.
- There will be both AFOL (Adult) and KFOL (Kids) prizes on the day. TFOL bracket can be created depending on the number of valid entries by TFOL members (3+), but prizes may not be available.
- Please note: Prizes may vary in value between events.
- If you missed out on the piece at our last meet, we may have some available on the day. Just let a Southern Bricks CBG member know that you’d like to join in the fun!
Need inspiration? Check out our past Iron Builder Challenge Galleries for tons of ideas:
November 2018 – https://sblug.club/sblug-iron-builders-nov-2018/
September 2018 – https://sblug.club/sblug-iron-builders-sept-18/
March 2018 – https://sblug.club/sblug-iron-builders-mar-2018/
February 2018 – https://sblug.club/sblug-iron-builders-feb-2018/
October 2017 – https://sblug.club/sblug-iron-builders-october-2017/
September 2017 – https://sblug.club/sblug-iron-builders-september-2017/
February 2019 – https://sblug.club/sblug-iron-builders-feb-2019/
Now get building, call out in our Facebook group if you get stuck (be discreet as your MOC should be a surprise!) and we’ll see you there!