What is the Iron Builder Challenge?
A creative and fun Lego® building competition held at every Southern Bricks Meet Up, in which one or more Lego® pieces or themes are specially chosen by the Southern Bricks Community Builders Group to be used in building your own Lego creation (MOC).
Bring your build to our Meet – Up on the 8th of September at the Hamra Library Auditorium, place your build on the Iron Build Table and the best Lego® MOC chosen by public vote wins!
Each Iron Builder Challenge is completely open for public viewing on the day – as are our Meets! – and we encourage voters to choose the most interesting usage of the selected parts for each round.
The Iron Builder piece given to Southern Bricks members varies between events, so make sure you don’t miss our regular Meet-ups to get your bricks and battle it out to be a Master Builder!
This Month’s Iron Builder challenge is to build an original Lego MOC no larger than 16×16 studs using an amazingly rare Half Barrel part in… Medium-Lime!!!
We only had a limited amount of these to give away – they only came in one set from 2003, any guesses? No cheating! – so if you don’t have one in your own collection, feel free to substitute for another barrel colour to join the fun!
- Build a MOC out of LEGO® that is no larger than a 16 x 16 stud baseplate in size.
- Build must include (1) Iron Builder piece in Medium-Lime, and you can also use other colours of the same part in your build. Any queries please ask a Southern Bricks Community Builder for clarification.
- “Lego®” includes Lego® System, Technic, Duplo, Belville… as long as it was produced by the The Lego® Group you can build with it! (Yes even boxes.)
- Power functions and lighting encouraged.
- Creativity strongly encouraged! The Builds that win usually have the most interesting concepts presented in the best way possible.
- Prizes will be awarded based on the highest number of votes tallied by 3.00 pm on “Meet day”.
- There will be both AFOL (Adult) and KFOL (Kids) prizes on the day. TFOL bracket can be created depending on the number of valid entries by TFOL members (3+), but prizes may not be available.
- Please note: Prizes may vary in value between events.
Need inspiration? Check out our past Iron Builder Challenge Galleries for tons of ideas:
November 2018 – https://sblug.club/sblug-iron-builders-nov-2018/
September 2018 – https://sblug.club/sblug-iron-builders-sept-18/
March 2018 – https://sblug.club/sblug-iron-builders-mar-2018/
February 2018 – https://sblug.club/sblug-iron-builders-feb-2018/
October 2017 – https://sblug.club/sblug-iron-builders-october-2017/
September 2017 – https://sblug.club/sblug-iron-builders-september-2017/
February 2019 – https://sblug.club/sblug-iron-builders-feb-2019/
Now get building, call out in our Facebook group if you get stuck (be discreet as your MOC should be a surprise!) and we’ll see you there!